Finding storage solutions for things like blankets, books, seasonal clothes and countless other items that often take over your living areas can seem challenging, especially when you build an open floor plan. But there are many practical and attractive ways to incorporate storage all throughout your home, during all stages of the building process. Continue reading
Choose the color palette for your new floor plan design like a pro. It’s easier than you think! The colors chosen for each room can influence your mood and are usually a direct reflection of your personality.
Going back to the basics is the best place to start when thinking about a color scheme for your new house plan. Let’s talk color theory.
Like it or not, our physical abilities change as we age. Vision begins to blur and joints begin to ache. Once-simple tasks like taking out the garbage, emptying the dishwasher, or even taking a shower can become increasingly arduous.
However, not everyone living in multi-generational households are likely to have the same needs. These are the homes that can benefit the most from “universal design.”
Outdoor design trends continue to be popular among home owners across the country. It’s a simple, budget-friendly way to increase your home’s square footage and to enjoy the great outdoors. Whether you have a large patio or a small porch, your outdoor room can easily reflect your style and become a treasured gathering spot in your home. Archival Designs offers a large collection of home plans across all architectural styles that offer on outdoor living you will adore.
Many home owners quickly become frustrated when the beautiful furniture and fabrics they select do not survive the outdoor elements. Fortunately, manufacturers are now creating more durable outdoor furnishings to help your decorating dollars go even further.
1. Enhance the curb appeal of your home.
Spruce up your front entry of your castle house plan with a new layer of mulch, and thoughtfully planted shrubs. Add a pop of color to your landscape design with easy care Black-Eyed Susan or Dianthus flowers.
2. Spice up your front door.
A new front door in your luxury floor plan can change the look of your foyer dramatically. Update your existing door with paint and trim, or install a brand new design that includes glass and wood stain.
3. Upgrade your kitchen’s appliances.
The look of new appliances and fixtures in your kitchen will instantly modernize your kitchen and allow for more functionality. No paint or back splash needed!
4. Accessorize your bathroom.
A new vanity or fixture could do just the trick! Give your contemporary style bathroom a different vibe by replacing the cabinet hardware. Accessorize with a new light fixture, shelves, and paintings to complete the look.
5. Transform a forgotten room.
Take advantage of every square inch of your home by transforming an unused bedroom into a multipurpose room. Depending on your family’s need you can transform a dull space into a playroom, craft area, or media room.
6. Enjoy the outdoors.
Enjoy your rustic house plan‘s patio or deck by creating intimate sitting areas perfect for reading, dining, and enjoying a warm summer day. Choose comfortable furniture as you would for the interior of your home, and accessorize with outdoor rugs, pillow, and lighting.
7. Spring clean (any time of year)!
Borrow a few staging tips from your favorite home decorating TV show. De-cluttering and moving your existing accessories around will give your home the face lift you desire.
Kitchen Trends 2016
- Clean lines and bright whites prevail in traditional, contemporary, or transitional designs.
- Turn your pantry into more than just food storage. When possible, add a window, small sink, and ample storage for appliances. Built-in floor toceiling shelves will maximize storage space and organization.
- Incorporate energy-efficient task & accent lighting under cabinets and around circulation paths.
- Age in place by moving more storage down, rather than keeping all cabinetry up high.
- Over-sized kitchen island with cook top, outlets, drawers, recycling pullouts, and ample seating.
- Warm color wood, or plank-style porcelain tile performs beautifully in the high traffic kitchen.